Guest Room Drapes / Blinds To Be kept Open or Closed?

I have been working in one hotel for almost 3 years. What I learned is limited. I would like to know what is the most proper set up of drapes of the window in the room is it open or close?

Also, same with the shower curtain in the bathroom. Lets says of a VCI room and during turndown service.

I will be very thankful if you can share ideas. Hope to get your opinions soon. :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

@easy_Auguz in most of the hotelโ€™s the drapes and curtains are kept open and they are only closed during the evening or turn down service.

I think unless the view from the rooms are terrible they need to be kept open during mornings. :face_with_monocle:

I am not an expert, but in my opinion a dark room always looks miserable. Bring in the light.

1 Like

For visual impact, curtains are open both in room and bathroom as it makes the rooms feel bigger and more open upon entry - Unless u have a sheer curtain.

Closing curtains will confine the room and thus making it smaller. thatโ€™s our eye playing tricks on us.

if your hotel have a great view and you want your guest enjoy their view and you should let drapes open but when turndown its should be closed same goes with the shower curtain it should be closed too.
It really depend on your hotel set up.

1 Like

Many thanks, @tin1982 @george222 @RajivsResidency @belanna for your kind suggestions.