Ingredients for 10 portions
|0.01||LITER||Apple cider vinegar|
|0.03||LITER||Reduced sodium soy sauce|
|0.155||KG||Finely julienne daikon|
|0.155||KG||Finely julienne radish|
|0.155||KG||Finely julienne carrots|
|0.014||KG||Finely julienne celery|
|0.0125||KG||Black sesame seeds|
|0.0125||KG||White sesame seeds|
- Toss the shrimp with the garlic and lime juice. Thread 4 shrimp (Approximately 0.055 KG total) onto a bamboo skewer. Repeat with the remaining shrimp and refrigerate until needed.
- To make vinaigrette, heat the oil in a medium saucepan. Add the shrimp shells and saute until opaque. Add the garlic and shallots and sweat until the shallots are translucent. Add the tomato paste and saute until rust colored. Deglaze the pan with the brandy and allow to reduce until almost dry. Add the stock and simmer until reduced by half. Strain through a fine mesh sieve. If necessary, add water or reduce further to yield about 0.180 LIT. Return to a clean pan and bring to a boil.
- Combine the arrowroot with enough water to form a slurry. Stir the arrowroot mixture into the boiling stock. Remove the stock from the heat, add the vinegars, and cool completely. Stir the tahini, soy sauce, and jalapeno into the stock. Whisk in the oils.
- Combine the daikon, radish, carrots, and celery and toss with 0.080 LIT of the vinaigrette.
- Cook the noodles in boiling water until tender to the bite. Drain and cool. Gently toss the noodles with 0.180 LIT of the vinaigrette.
- For each portion: Grill a shrimp skewer until the shrimp are cooked, for 3 minutes on each side. Arrange a bed of 0.030 KG noodles on a room temperature plate and place approximately 0.055 KG radish salad on top of the noodles. Remove the shrimp from the skewer if desired and arrange over the radish salad. garnish with cilantro leaves and a pinch of each of black and white sesame seeds. Drizzle the plate with 1 tbsp/0.015 ml of the remaining vinaigrette and serve.