Can someone share the ‘general service principle’ in food and beverage department
Some Basic Principles Of Food and Beverage Service
- When the food is served at the table from a dish to a guest’s plate, it is done from the left.
- When food is pre-plated, the service to the guest is done from the right.
- All beverages are served from the right.
- Soups are served from the right unless poured from a soup tureen in which case it is done from the left.
- Ladies are always served first.
- Soiled plates are always cleared from the right.
- Fresh cutlery and crockery is always served from the right.
- Never reach across the guest.