Department manpower costing

Is it necessary for the department head to know their staff salaries in line with its department’s manpower costing?

thank you

2 Likes

OF course, in any organization major cost is payroll, So in hospitality HEAD count is very important due to High administration cost and over staff mean poor management.so on…

4 Likes

Hi Jepoi,

it is very important to all department head to know what is their budget and their targets. If you head departments do not their payroll cost or any other costs they will fail to achieve the budget.
communication is very important.

3 Likes

Definitely yes. Without that there is no way you are going to meet your budget.

2 Likes

yes, this is also what I knew, But our HRD ignoring my request to have a copy of my staff daily rate. I just dont know why?

thank you for your response.

@Jepoi_Hipolito,

Are you a HOD in a Hotel ? If so HRD can’t ignore you or DOF must provide you the Departmental payroll cost , If Not you can’t control the Departmental payroll cost,Because he must prove you that you are over the Budget.(Daily rate calculation …Basic Salary / No of days in the month … But there other cost involved with staff like , Air Ticket, Accommodation ETC.)

And you can discuss this matter with your P & L review meeting.

3 Likes

Yes agree with @Prasanna_Jayawaradan the HR should share the Staff Salary with HOD’s

2 Likes

Thanks to all of you, These will ratify all my statement

2 Likes