Dish Name : Cream of Red Pepper
Red bell peppers are the most popular sweet peppers. A cream soup is prepared using cream, light cream, half and half or milk as a key ingredient. Sometimes the dairy product is added at the end of the cooking process, such as after a cream soup has been pureed. This recipe is a simple soup consisting of ripe red peppers with basic ingredients in a creamy base.
Ingredients for 10 portions
|0.2||Kg||Large onion dice|
|0.6||Kg||Red bell peppers diced|
|0.01||Kg||Basil - dry|
- Take onion dice, red bell peppers, garlic, dry basil and diced tomatoes in a roasting tray.
- Roast in the oven and blend in a mixer.
- Add tomato paste and chicken stock to the puree and let it simmer.
- Add salt and pepper and finish with cream and butter.
- Add dollop of cream & fresh basil as garnish, before serving