COVID19 Lockdown Vs The Hoteliers

Hello Friends… as a hotelier we normally miss quality time with our family and dear ones, mainly due to our busy schedule and irregular duty timings.

But fortunately or unfortunately due to the current situation we are now at home :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I would like to ask your experience in the below points.

Did you enjoy the time you were able to spend with your family during the lockdown period?

Did you have any fear about the job security? - Considering the fact that majority of the hotels and restaurants are closed and the uncertainty of when the hotel industry will now open their doors to customers I am really worried with the current situation :frowning: :frowning:

Did you spend time on any online courses to build your knowledge or language skills? - I think I will do some online course now :slight_smile:

Did you get a salary cut already or your employer is still paying your full salary? - Our salary was reduced to 15 days or half already.

What about the job? Did any one got laid off or lost their job? - Luckily in my case so far it’s only a 50% salary reduction, hope the management of my hotel will not layoff anyone due to this lockdown :frowning: :frowning:

Now let me hear your experience. How did COVID19 effect you as an hotelier?

3 Likes

Well let me pen down about my experience so-far :slight_smile:

I am not so lucky to be with the family as the lockdown came as a surprise and couldn’t make it my hometown in time :frowning: :frowning: what a bummer.

Re, job security this is a big question mark there is a already a pay cut by my hotel @ 25% but I think the situation will get much worse in the coming months and we might loose the job.

Well, that is a good thought about online courses :slight_smile: been busy with watching online movie streaming channels and social media.

So far in the hotel I am working they have not laid off the confirmed staffs, maybe they will start with the contractual staffs first and then the confirmed staffs.

Stay safe and indoors :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think the situation is the same for all and now its how the hotel industry is going to survive or get along with this pandemic.

Ous salary also cut by half and most likely if the operations are not back to normal then we will lose the job.

The hoteliers should now prepare or adjust to the world of COVID 19. Let us all stand together during this tough times and wish for good health to our collegues.

For now R.I.P the Hotel and Catering Industry :coffin: :coffin: :coffin: