Cost & Concept & Brand relation between hotels

Hello everyone, I am looking for information at setupmyhotel.com whenever i need. Lots of thanks to them.

We know cost is related with what you spent. The thing is I am trying to find and/or set up a relation between the cost and the concept/services of the hotel. From this relation i will categorize (and maybe standardize) my hotels under several brands. I hope i am able to explain correctly what i am trying to find.

Could you please give me some tips where to look, what and how to calculate etc.?

ABC hotel:

• All-inclusive hotel
  • 900 rooms (new)
  • Waiters serve drinks at the table
  • Large pool and aquapark
  • Show stage
  • Spa
  • Disco
  • Beach

XYZ hotel:

• All-inclusive
  • 500 rooms
  • Self-service
  • Standart pool
  • Spa
  • Disco
  • Beach

123 hotel:

• All-inclusive
  • 300 rooms
  • Self-service
  • Indoor pool
  • Disco

AX1 hotel:

• All-inclusive hotel
  • 500 rooms (old)
  • Waiters serve drinks at the table
  • Large pool
  • Spa
  • Disco
  • Beach

Please consider below examples seperately.

Example 1: After calculation, whether the hotel is near the beach or not, hotels XYZ and 123 can be below a brand, while ABC is under a luxury brand.

Example 2: While ABC is under luxury brand and if I offer table-serving at XYZ hotel, can it also be under the luxury brand?

Example 3: 123 hotel can’t be under the same brand with XYZ because of its total rooms.

Example 4: After renovation of rooms at AX1 hotel, can it be under the same brand with ABC? Or newness of rooms doesnt effect brand?

2 Likes

A bit lost in your question :thinking: But as per my understanding branding and classification are two different aspects.

ie branding is done as per the hotel company and the classification of a hotel is done as per the list of mandatory facilities or requirement by the certification authority.

Check out this page for more details: https://hoteltalk.app/tag/star-classification

My question is not related with classification. And also I am not sure whether I used the word “branding” correctly or not. The idea is coming from cost breakdown. I will analyze cost structure of hotels with respect to their operations and concept. Then I get percentages of operations in totel cost like;

46% (F&B) + 18% (Animation) + 15% (HK) + 10% (HR) + 11% (other) = 100% (values are imaginary)

Then I will interpret these values with different cases (like examples in my first post).

What will I gain from this study?

• Cost estimation and control
  • Branding (when adminstration buys a new hotel, they will compare its costs with the values we found before. Then they can say this hotel is this brand.)
  • Construction plan (which thing is first to do or at which hotel etc.)
  • Buy or leave aside (new hotel opportunity)
2 Likes