Can hotel decorate room for birthday?
Yes, hotels can decorate the room at guest request, depending on hotel policy. It’s not mandatory that hotels will decorate the rooms. There are hotels that don’t allow any decoration inside rooms as it may cause damage to the décor and fixtures. Hotels usually advise booking a table in a restaurant or if it a small group, it’s advised to book a small hall to celebrate.
Definitely, hotels decorate rooms for a birthday or any occasion on request
- There is an additional charge for decoration
- Decoration will be made by hotel staff only – mandatory
- Guests are not allowed to do the decoration
- Decoration should be made without damaging any of the in-room amenities
- Decoration should not damage paint, furniture, wall, ceiling etc.
- Its advised taking note of any special requirement at the time of room booking
- Decoration is usually done, either with balloons or flowers or both
- Decoration can be made with fresh flowers – this has to be booked prior
- Champagne/cake or any additional amenities can be provided at an additional charge as part of the celebration.
- Hotels do room decoration - as per management policy.
All the above are subjected to management discretion, management can accept or refuse any additional request of their guest.
If the DOB is on your ID, and the hotel is aware of your birthday, you may get a complimentary cake or any hamper as per the hotel policy (usually in all luxury hotels and some 4-star and 3-star hotels/resorts also)
I have seen some guests reminding the reception “It’s my sons birthday tomorrow” on check in. The next day they straight away come to reception and ask for a complimentary cake ……lol (providing a complimentary cake, depends on many factors)