Braised Savoy Cabbage
Savoy cabbage is a winter vegetable and one of several cabbage varieties. Savoy cabbage is good in soups and stir-fries. It is thought to originate from England and the Netherlands. In the 18th century, it was introduced into Germany as ‘savoyer kohl’. It is named after the ‘savoy’ region in France. It’s called ‘cavolo verza’, in Italian.
Ingredients for 5 Portions
|0.3||Kg||Savoy cabbage wedges|
- Cut the cabbage into wedges.
- In a pot, add some olive oil, chopped garlic, and saute until golden.
- Add the chopped cabbage, saute for a couple of mins, add salt & pepper
- Add chicken stock and put the lid on. Cook on low heat for 25 minutes
- Switch off the flame, once the water disappears. Finish it with a topping of butter.