Dish name : Braised Lamb Shank
Shank of lamb is the leg bone beneath the knee and shoulder.Red wine sauce is a classic braising liquid for lamb shanks, with the rich deep flavours a natural pairing with the strong flavour of lamb.
Ingredients for 10 portions
|For mirepoix :|
|0.02||Kg||Cleaned chop celery|
|0.08||Kg||Cleaned choped leeks|
|0.16||Kg||Peeled chopped onions|
|0.12||Kg||Peeled chopped carrots|
|0.004||Kg||Black pepper powder|
- Sear the lamb shank, marinated in red wine.
- Prepare mirepoix.
- In a deep pot transfer the seared lamb, along with mirepoix.
- Add rosemary, stock and tomato puree
- Cover and put it in a pre-heated oven at 180-200c
- Cook it for 2hrs and strain the sauce.
- In a wide soup plate, pour the sauce and place the lamb shank on it.
- Garnish with a rosemary sprig and serve.
Accompaniment : mashed potato & boiled green peas.