Basic F&B Training Documents

Ladies, gents, being now in charge of the whole food and beverage operation after two decade behind the stove I would like to reinforce training on the floor but I have to admit that floor operation is not my strength Does any one could share some back to basic training matrix which could help ? I will be happy to help back if someone need Culinary advice Appreciated.

2 Likes

It is very surprising to see that someone does not have experience on the floor but leading a F&B department… Great GM’s & Owners & Head offices are creating new solutions & problems to our industry…

Let us manage the floor & wine and let the chef cook…this for me is a big NO

1 Like

I don’t catch the meaning of all this copy+paste business.

Does it mean,all the guys asking for this file are FB and have no glue how to set a table?
or does it mean they never made an SOP and cannot split a job in logic steps?

I am working in a hotel,where a big DirFB never ever steps out from his office,the service training is down below earth ground and still,the guy thinks,he is top notch…
is it coincidence or a big gap in basic training for the so called leaders not to know the basics of their area?

Best regards

1 Like

Leave the floor to those in the know ( until you grasp the full extent of the training syllabus)

With your Chef background it would be great to give the wait staff a better insight and knowledge on the products. It is all about sharing. Don’t steer too far from your forte.

Some wait staff doesn’t even (or hardly)know some differences amongst food ingredients or terminology internationally used.
ie. Diff between Dijon and American mustard.
ie. Why caviar is called such and not fish eggs
ie. Diff between braised and stewed etc etc

1 Like

I would suggest to check the below website, they have a lot of training resources about all hotel department.

https://setupmyhotel.com/

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for your responses.

2 Likes

@Keerthana_Siva happy to help :slight_smile:

1 Like